May 21, 2014

TWO BOYS AND A PIANO - STARRING NELSON & LACY AT THE "REX"


THE BOYS TAKE US DOWN A MELLOW ROAD. WHAT A LOVELY DUET NELSON AND LACY BRING TO LIFE



The above songs (Styne/and Sondheim) make this "Duet Fun" this evening. The song that I'll never forget will start with the soft and glorious "You'll Never Get Away From Me." 

Here is another Grand set: "It's Never That Easy/I've Been Here Before." Yep the Boys, have been here before - and it looks like that will stay that way. The wonderful evening brings these songs to the stage: - "My Man/The Music That Makes Me Dance Night And Day." Wow -- it's just wonderful. Especially when he takes me in his arms. Well, I didn't mean my arms - I was two busy tearing up on some of the greatest songs of the world. 

Then comes along "I'D Rather Be Sailing/Set Those Sails" (Finn). The evening is Fab and fantastical. I can just see those sails in the nightclub. 

The Marriage Medley will get you moving in many ways. There is "Old Fashioned Wedding" - "Not Getting Married Today" and "Choo Choo Honeymoon" - (Berlin, Sondheim, and Wise/Haimsohn/Miller) Woo-eee! The Medley sure moves along with Zippy Words and the best writers and singers.  

Here's another great charming song. "You and Me". No, not me - but it is sung by the Stars, Christopher M. Nelson & G. Scott Lacy. It's a heavenly evening of love. Wish I cold sing as well. As you will find out at their next evening out together -- both boys bring a multitude of love to the stage. Yes, it's in the air. Can't forget it. I was thrilled. It sure made me mist up. 

To hear the Nelson and Lacy voices is a "Masterpiece. It's one of the most extraordinary and touching evening that I have ever experienced. It's truly stunning! I really did find myself dazzled and overwhelmed. Please lets have an encore. 

RATING: Six Stars******- or you might prefer to drink Six Glasses of Champagne******(trademarked)

(((Lee Hartgrave has contributed many articles to the San Francisco Sunday Datebook and he also produced and hosted a weekly segment on PBS KQED - 7-years)))






No comments: