December 20, 2012

LESLIE JORDAN IS HOT! -- FUNNIEST COMEDY OF THE Y EAR

-->


Leslie Jordan
BeyondExam

By Lee Hartgrave

LESLIE JORDAN has a new show at the Rrazz Room – and guess what? – It’s called “Fruit Fly”. The Emmy Award winner Jordan debuts his new show at the Rrazz Room, and what a swell time it is. I'd say "Thrilling!". This genius has everything. The audience laughs so much that they hardly had time to talk to each other. Jordan's dialogue has everything going for it. Lets just say – “It’s all kinds of Crazy!” Yep – Jordan has it all. He’s been on Broadway, Off Broadway, in Night Clubs, Movies, Television – and I wouldn’t doubt that he may also some day play the Phantom on the Opera”. You never know what he’s going to say next. On each side of him we are treated to stunning screen visuals of his growing with his family. What a treat. And boy does Jordan take advantage of his parents. Jordan never ceases to crackle with stunning visuals.

One of his hits was “Sordid Lives.” It was a big hit. Jordan sez: - “Listen, I’m not a Bar Queen.” Here is another of his Gems – “I listen to K-wfly – the best spot on your dial.” Here’s another crack. Not below guys – but Jordan did say: "I get my back shaved. I don’t like hair on my back --that’s a Gay man’s sin!” Jordan: - “There’s a Bar called Hoedown. Well – I was the HOE!”

Jordan’s Grandmother said to her daughter. – “He’s going to need some help.” Jordan also let us know, that he is not innocent – as he blurts out this jewel: - “I was a Choir slut!” Innocent indeed. He also went on with it: - “I hid behind my innocent face. But, I fooled around everyone in that Choir. I always said yes – but one did have a big nasty Bush!”

Leslie Jordan will be at The Rrazz Room thru Dec. 22. You really must see this spoof on his life. It brims with playful anarchy. This Guy (Jordan) is Hot! He inspires me to check out the ‘Bushes’. Oh come on – you know what bushes I’m talking about. 

RATING: Four Glasses of Champagne!!!! (highest rating) - trademarked- 

(((Lee Hartgrave has contributed many articles to the San Francisco Chronicle Sunday Datebook and he produced and hosted a long-running Arts Segment on PBS KQED)))