February 14, 2012

CHICO AND RITA - BRILLIANT!



THE EYES OF RITA IN A BAR. COURTESY PHOTO









BOY WHAT A TEAM! When Chico and Rita come out in this movie – it’s like a super Nova has taken over the nightclub. Maybe it’s that “krill” oil I’ve been urging them to take. Naa – I’m just joking. 

BE CAREFUL THOUGH--this unusual animation is so sexy, that you may have to re-adjust your trousers. Some scenes are in the nude. Not offensive – but nude. I think you know what I mean.

 I sure hope Chico and Rita get that Oscar for best animation. Everyone looks so real – so human. It looks almost like 3-D. The eyes are totally amazing for an animated movie. It’s a visual feast that I won’t ever forget -- and you won’t either. 

Bebo Valdes supplies the Latin music along with others like Tito Puente. Together they keep you in a sensual mood. I say: “Give us more movies like this!” It definitely is from the heart. Did I say it’s beautiful? Well, if I didn’t, take my word for it. The movie is over the top gorgeous.

Oscar winning director Fernando Trueba is beyond masterful – he has put together a rainbow of Las Vegas, Hollywood and New York. The thrill of discovering the deep affecting music is really high level. Not once did I nod off. Oh no – not at all. NEVER in this enthralling and clever beautiful rainbow do you get bored.

Oh, by the way – the Soundtrack is really a must have. It’s now available on Calle 54 records (Sony Music – US/Latin).

CHICO AND RITA is playing at Landmark Theatres.

RATING: FOUR GLASSES OF CHAMPAGNE!!!!
(highest rating) - trademarked)

(Lee Hartgrave has contributed many articles to the San Francisco Chronicle Sunday Datebook and he has also produced a long-running Arts Program on PBS KQED))) 

FA-LASH!!!!! The 'Hailed' The Book of Mormon, winner of nine Tony Awards Best Musical will play a strictly limited 5-week engagement at the SHN Curran Theatre beginning in November 2012. Always look to these pages for the BEST Broadway shows. 

     SCROLL DOWN FOR MORE STORIES

                    
 promoted
                        promoted
  

No comments: