June 24, 2014

JERSEY BOYS - NOW! CINEMATIC CROWNING PERFORMANCES. Lee Hartgrave Tonight



The Jersey Boys -- Incendiary music
Frankie Valli and the 4 Seasons.   Courtesy Photo 




JERSEY BOYS - A MASTERPIECE! 
ONE OF THE GREATEST FILMS IN 
YEARS 

And here is a Big Surprise -- Clint Eastwood produced and directed -- and I believe that his movie will be at the top of the Oscars. Not only was I thrilled by the Jersey Boys - they also bowled me over with the well-plotted outstanding singing. I'd see it twice or more.  

I've seen many versions of the Stage play - but nothing compares with this movie version. And Gee Wiz -- was I enchanted. The music and visuals made us laugh - and the singing was stunning. The audience loved it, and I loved it - there was extreme jiggling in the seats. 

What a knockout cast this is. There is Vincent Piazza, Christopher Walken and John Lloyd Young as Frankie Valli. I was dazzled and overwhelmed with the absorbing and powerful filmmaking. 

THE JERSEY BOYS have a well-plotted movie. It's an unforgettable rare movie that is brilliant, exciting and deeply moving. 

Performances of a life time  

RATING: Six Stars****** or if you want - try six glasses of Champagne******

NOW PLAYING AT THEATRES EVERYWHERE

(((Lee Hartgrave has contributed many articles for the San Francisco Chronicle Sunday Datebook. He has also produced and hosted an Entertainment section on PBS KQED for - 7 years))) 




No comments: