April 4, 2014

PEARLS OVER SHANGHAI - "WERE SAYING FU TO YOU"






"WE'RE SAYING FU TO YOU" 






THRILLPEDDLERS PRESENT THE 6th ANNUAL THEATRE OF THE RIDICULOUS REVIVAL

While at first we gasped at the word "Cruising", I shock so easily.  Oh my - the Thrillpeddlers are now showing another smash-hit with "Pearls Over Shanghai". People are saying "Come and Get It" -  Just keep in mind that you will be seeing "A Show With A Moral"...or should we say a Show with out a moral? I don't care -- I want to ride down the "Wang Poo River Song". Yes, please do sit on my lap - its so cool. Please sir - may I have a "Jaded Lady" - Gimmie, Gimmie, Gimmie. Tsk, Tsk. 

You "Jaded Ladies" are just too open handed. Everyone wants to touch someone...remember "I came Running Back To". O.K. Go and "Blackmail me" - just give me a Couple of Won Tons in your pants. Or...should I call them "Sweet Temple Bells?" I think so -- they are so exciting. You have "A Show with a Moral" that has a "Palace of Trash" - "With Endless Mastur******Blues." Please Sir - let us see more." But lets get back to "The Palace of Trash" - I love it - and you'll love the "White Slavery song" -- who knows - it could be 12 years of Slavery." 

Where is all this fantastic rambunctious stuff? I've never been kissed -- do "Drag me in "Pearls of Shanghai" - Remember "I came running back to you..."Ummmmmm!!!!!! Lets try it again." 

Hey...did someone call you "A Jaded Hussy"? I'm sure that you were called many things. But that's what 'Oriental Nights' are for. 

MOST OF "THE PEARLS" SONGS ARE LISTED ABOVE: THE SETTING IS A REVIVAL OF 'OLD SHANGHAI'. THE TIME FRAME IS 1937

Russel Blackwood Directed******
Music by Scrumbly Koldewyn******
Book and Lyrics by Link Martin
with additions by Scrumbly & Pam Tent 

HERE IS THE AMAZING CELEBRATION OF THE BAWDY CREW: Zeldie Koznofski, Birdie -Bob Watt, Jesse Cortez, Steven Satyricon, Erick Tyson Wertz, Pam Tent, Russell Blackwood, Earl Alfred Paus, Rumi Missabu, John Flaw, James Toczyl, Flynn Witmeyer, Bonni Suval, Gabriel A. Ross, Noah Haydon, Sloane Smith. 

MORE
: Remember - I Came Running Back to you!
THE HAND MAIDENS AND ANGELS...Bruna Palmeiro, Diego Gomez, Roxanne RedMeat, Bryn Lux, Rose Blood, Steve Bolinger and Scrumbly Koldewyn. 

RATING: SIX STARS****** 
"THIS SHOW IS A WINNER - IT'S AN EPIC SPECTACLE." -- Pearls Over Shanghai - "Is a Winner!" BETTER THAN BROADWAY******

(((Lee Hartgrave has contributed many articles to the San Francisco Chronicle Sunday Datebook and he also produced a long running Arts Segment on PBS KQED- 7-years)))


















  





No comments: