January 22, 2014

THE PAIN AND THE ITCH - "PERFECTION


Courtesy Photo 


THE PAIN AND THE ITCH - "EXPLOSIVE!" 
by Bruce Norris 

O.K. here's the deal. "The Pain" may seem like a pain -- but the Technique draws dramatic tension. However this well constructed dysfunctional family is the most laughter you will find anywhere. 

Sure - there is anger. Lots of it. The way I see it - is that all of the actors in this play will all be big stars. Everyone will be talking about them. Everyone I talk too tell me about the impact it has on "The Pain". And that impact is like a Tornado. 

What we find is that this is a middle class couple goes to any lengths to keep the house in a blissful way. But things do not go on like you were ready to play house. To the contrary -- the house is about to explode. I can't imagine finding a theater group who would take this shouting self-hating gang. 

Yeh - they may all be related in this way or that -- but this angry family is headed for hell. They all seem to hate each other, and they bring out more anger motivation. 

The only one in the family (Mr. Hadid) - Dorian Lockett sits out most of the play until the end. It's a strong ending. In between though there is plenty of hysterical, funny vicious drama. 

I loved the play. I laughed at the concept and really enjoyed it. I mean that I really, really laughed hard. It's a High Energy Concept - and I think you will enjoy this funny hilarious evening. Many people at the show were bent over with constant laughter. 



RATING: FIVE GLASSES OF CHAMPAGNE*****(stars) 

No comments: