March 27, 2012

JASON GRAAE AND FAITH PRINCE - SIZZLE!


JASON GRAAE AND FAITH PRINCE. "ME" IS ON THE END

 

 

 

*SF PLAYHOUSE REVIEW OF "ALIENS (Scroll Down)

 

 

LEE HARTGRAVE TONIGHT


  
PRINCE AND THE SHOWBOY

Jason Graae is one of the wittiest singer and comics that I have ever seen and heard. And put Faith Prince on the stage with him – is well, like putting Prince William and his new bride on the stage. They insult each other and they love each other. Prince says, “Jason is like Doogie Howser. He never grew up."

The show mostly makes fun of the world. Take the song – “I’m A Little Bit Off” just doubles you over. My tummy still hurts. Also love the duet – “You and Me But Mostly Me.” “Me” is Jason and he definitely is a little narcisstic. You would be Faith Prince. But, it’s mostly about “Me” – err, him! It’s so confusing. How can you laugh and drink at the same time?

From “Wicked” the musical, Graae sings a hilarious version of “Popular.” Everyone in the audience could not stop laughing. It surely was the wildest audience I’ve ever seen. Then there is “Bosom Buddies” the song. But the two singers try to outdo each other in the Buddy department. It’s more of “I’m better than you.”

My absolute favorite of the Evening was “To Excess”. Here is a sample Lyric: “Clair – I need you. That’s why I broke into your place. I may not be in very good shape, but I can climb a Fire Escape.” Yes, you are right – he is a stalker – but a funny one. And by the way – Clair is trying to avoid him. Call the cops.

During the Encore – Jason leaves us with this lovely thought: “My present to you, is my performance!” I don’t think he’s a little self-centered. Do you?

Again they Kid. “We always wanted to do a show on Mason Street!” The evening ends with the fabulous rendition of “Some Other Time!” Loved it, loved them – and I really hope that they will come back again with their highly polished entertainment. You left me in a state of euphoria. WOW! I believe you guys can do anything!

TONIGHT IS THE LAST NIGHT TO CATCH JASON GRAAE AND FAITH PRINCE AT THE RRAZZ ROOM

RATING: FOUR GLASSES OF CHAMPAGNE!!!!
(highest rating) - trademarked- 

(((Lee Hartgrave contributed many articles to the San Francisco Chronicle Sunday Datebook Section and he produced and hosted a long-running Arts Segment on PBS KQED)))   

No comments: